The Junior Development Officer’s mission is to encourage passion for our great game, develop the skills of junior footballers and advance a positive club environment that encourages players in reaching their potential.
Love your footy and Respect the Eagle.
Aim of the Junior Development Officer (JDO)
- to be committed to ensuring the continued development of junior players from U9’s through to U17’s
- to promote the Club’s coaching development philosophy to all coaches and personnel involved in junior teams
- to give players the best opportunity to develop their skills
- to foster a sense of team and club spirit
- to offer support and guidance for junior players that may require additional assistance beyond the “average” player
- identify those juniors that require specific skill training to assist in their development
- identify and assist those players of outstanding potential in furthering their careers.
How’s it work?
As in previous seasons the main arm of Junior Development will be the weekly training sessions or “skill workshops”. These skill workshops have been highly successful in providing a more cohesive club. Using a mentoring type scenario helps to develop new mates between the younger and older age groups and fosters a real sense of club spirit – Respect the Eagle! It also adds another window for the boys to develop skills and improve their footy
Adding to that we will have players from the Senior Club joining training and taking some of the drills. This aim of involving the Senior playing group will be to help foster the Football community at Regents Park and to help keep young blokes playing footy as they make the difficult transition from junior to senior ranks
All registered EAJFC players from U13 to U16 are eligible to come down and join in, there are no skill level barriers and no one will be turned away
Junior Development Program 2017
- Kicking On Program
- Strength and Conditioning
- SALT – Sport and Life Training
- Team Development Program
- Junior Development Training programs