Player Code of Conduct
1. Abide by the rules of the game and rules set down by your coach, club and league.
2. Never argue with an official or umpire. If you disagree, have your captain, coach or manager approach the official during a break or after the competition.
3. Control your temper. Verbal or physical abuse of officials, umpires, spectators or other players, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted.
4. Work equally hard for yourself and your team. Your team’s performance will benefit, so will you.
5. Be a good sport. Applaud all good plays whether they be by your team, opponent or the other team. Be proud to walk off the ground after each game knowing that you have given your best effort and never involve yourself in an argument with opposing players, umpires or officials.
6. Treat all players as you would like to be treated. Do not interfere with, bully or take unfair advantage of another player. Your involvement to play is for fun and enjoyment and that winning is only part of it.
7. Co-operate with your coach and team mates, and respect the ability of your opponent. Without them there would be no game.
8. Play for the ‘fun of it’ and not just to please parents and coaches.
9. Avoid use of derogatory language based on gender or race..